11 May 2012

Country style - hanging baskets. at my home in France.

I'm a bit later than usual preparing my hanging baskets this year, as the weather was more than just April showers ! We had so much rain & it was cold for the time of the year, I knew the flowers wouldn't profit with the temp. being so low. so hence the delay. Now the sun is shining and the temperature is looking good, so I've made a start and completed 5. Only another 12 more to do! Then there's the troughs & window box's, better get a move on. Last year I changed the theme & chose cane woven baskets, lined with plastic. They looked pretty & country style, but I wasn't happy with the results after a long hot summer, I've now gone back to the good old reliable ones which  I've had for years. Time will tell, I hope 'my man' who waters them, will be happy. he doesn't like change.


I never like the baskets when they're first planted, I always think they look straggly. I am a bit impatient and I do know the plants need time to grow before they can give a beautiful floral display.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results. The following photos are from a previous year. I'll show this years display in a few weeks when I'm happier with how they look.













I have a lot of work in front of me, so I'll catch up with you as they progress.

a bientot.
Barbara Lilian

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you