23 October 2014

Gentle gardening


                                               



                            




 I'm really wanting to get out in the garden with a spade in my hands .and make a start on creating the flower bed that went on hold last year. However I think I'm being a bit ambitious just yet. I did try to do a little but...Mr France and my body are telling me to hold on a bit and take things slowly and gently, So I listened and this is what I've been  doing this past week.

Something easy.




planting bulbs in baskets which later Mr France can hang on the terrace.






I did have big ideas of planting loads of bulbs in the bank I call the wild part of the garden.  


Now I'm thinking maybe later. I hope I don't run out of time before the frost comes.




These were bargain 2kg bags.
 63 Tulips and 65 Varied Daffodils

Which will have to stay in the trug for a little while longer



 I was able to tackle a bit of tidying up, which was easy, I pulled down
 a few branches of the Virginia Creeper and was about to dump it, then 
as I was pushing it into the wheelbarrow it started to
 automatically twist into itself making a rough garland,
so I instantly  rescued it, and look at these wreaths I made.
I'll put them on one side until I have gathered enough
bits of natural things to decorate them.











Even though I wasn't able to bend and dig, I was quite pleased
 with what I did achieve.

What do you think ?

                                             

à bientôt
Barbara Lilian






15 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see how you decorate the vine wreath / garland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Barbara
    Oh I think you did very, very well!
    The Virginia Creeper was just waiting for you.
    With your creativity I know your wreaths will be very special!
    Enjoy your cup of tea this afternoon - I'll be thinking of you too!
    The bulbs will be wonderful come Spring.
    It's a long weekend here - Labour Day holiday on Monday.
    Take care
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have been very creative and that you are way ahead of me. I have an area that needs weeding but there is a little garter snake that likes to scare me to death. (I don't like snakes). So I have been waiting for it to get cold then I'll weed. As for bulbs last year I planted 200 tulips. ten came up where planted. The rest started showing up all over our property. Chester our resident squirrel mmoved them to where he thought they looked best. Acck I give up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy Barbara and, very creative. Even though the growing season is coming to an end, there is still so much to do in the garden, isn't there ?
    Be careful Barbara and try not to over do it !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely signs of Fall in France.
      Will you post on the chestnut fete?
      Miam miam

      Delete
  5. Oh Barbara - I think this is a fabulous idea of planting the bulbs in baskets. Hope you will share them when they bloom. Great idea about the wreath as well. I am so glad you are able to do some gentle gardening. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy the fall days. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barbara Lilian,

    Thanks so much for stopping by my site and leaving a footprint in my comment box. Lovely to hear from you.

    I enjoyed catching a glimpse of your 'garden baskets'. They will be such a lovely touch in the Spring without all that hard work if you were doing that in a big garden. Like you, I love gardens, but I prefer dreaming about them than actually working in them come Spring. I think you made a good choice. Mr. French seems a wise man.

    Wishing you a beautiful day....
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, I think those baskets will look beautiful on your terrace when spring comes, and I love the wreaths you made from the Virginia Creeper vine. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Barbara, What wonderful patience & flexibility you have! I love how you found the other, beautiful ways to be creative & to find joy, while waiting to be able to do the more rigorous work. The bulbs & wreaths are delightful! I believe that finding joy & beauty like this adds to physical healing too...Best, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your body and Mr. France convinced you to go easy. You certainly don't want to undo the progress you have made. Your creeper wreaths will be so pretty when you have decorated them. Come springtime, you will enjoy those hanging baskets. Take care my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you took it easy...love the baskets which will be stunning in spring. I also love the garlands you made....sounds like a good day...
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Barbara! Seems you are on the mend. Good to see that you are taking good care of yourself. I love that you saved those beauriful vines! I also had a look at your beautiful little drawings. What a wonderful talent you have! So nice to have a word from you. Thanks for letting me know that you came by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They'll be gorgeous when they finally bloom. Thanks so much for sharing and for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see your flowers in the garden when they start to grow. Tulips are one of my favorites. What a cute wreath this is, very simple and pretty. Thank you for your thoughts today. My blog friends are truly a blessing.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. They will be lovely!!! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you